Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Create shortcut key for any windows program!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:28 AM

If you open anything alot you prob get tired of looking for it on your desktop. Or you just forget where it is. It seems to me that the more icons on your desktop the less of them you can find even if you use them daily. Well if you want to can create a shortcut key combination to open it. Heres how to do it:
This technique works with only Windows shortcuts, not with program icons. The shortcut must be stored on the desktop or in the Programs menu--Windows ignores your instructions completely if the shortcut is stored anywhere else. Finally, the key combination must consist of a letter or number plus at least two of the following three keys: Ctrl, Alt, Shift.

To assign a keyboard shortcut, right-click the shortcut icon and choose Properties. On the general tab, click in the Shortcut key box and press the key combination you want to use (if you press only a letter or number, Windows adds Ctrl+Alt to the key assignment). Click OK to save your change. I've assigned the key combination Ctrl+Alt+Shift+C to the Windows Calculator; now, from within any program, all I have to do is press those keys to pop up the calculator instantly.

I hope this helps!

-Cowsgonemadd3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 23 July 2004 - 10:06 PM

Heres a link so you can download this neat program that lets you open your laptops cdrom drive or pc cdrom drive with a shortcut key combination. It says it works on almost all windows programs. If you use a desktop it will open and close your cd drive.
http://www.digital-miner.com/hkcontrol.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users