Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Click On My Control Panel & Nothing!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 st0rmie

st0rmie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:26 PM

I click on Control Panel and nothing happens. I get the hour glass for 1/2 second and that's it!

I try to open my recycle bin & everything on my desktop disappears and comes back about 3 seconds later!

ANY of my programs having to do with c:/ I can't open.. my documents, my pictures.. my music.. NOTHING!

I've run spyware, antivirus, registry cleaners and I can't fix it.

Could someone please help me?

I'm desperate! :thumbsup:

Thanks,
st0rmie

Edited by garmanma, 22 April 2008 - 04:50 PM.
Moved to appropiate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 st0rmie

st0rmie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

I also can't do a system restore for whatever reason!
:thumbsup:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

Have you tried running chkdsk /r or checkdisk from the Graphical Version?

XP Chkdsk, Using the Graphical Version (My Computer) - http://www.updatexp.com/windows-xp-chkdsk.html Put checks in both options, scan and recover.

Have you defragged the system lately?

In my experience...when things start disappearing, it can be faulty connections, hard drive problems, malware, or something else totally unexpected (in addition to file problems). The 2 steps above will deal with file problems and some disk problems.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users