Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outerinfo Ie Popup Out Of The Blue, Unresponsive Task Manager And Notepad

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 centrinoblue

centrinoblue

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:13 AM

Hello,

It looks like my system has picked something up in the last couple of days and I would really appreciate some help.

The machine is a Compaq Presario V6000 Windows XP Pro SP2

Although the system seems to be behaving fairly well this morning, I just had another incidence of IE 7 popup with "Advertisement by Outerinfo" in the title, despite the fact I am not even using IE (Firefox 14). I searched this Outerinfo on Google and it brought me here.

Other symptoms I have noticed are: periodic full CPU / memory resource usage
Inability to bring up Task Manager using Ctrl-Alt-Del
Inability to launch Notepad
The only major change I did recently was to finally acknowledge and install some updates from HP based on a message from HP support.

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

cheers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

Welcome to BC centrinoblue

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs highlight any of the following programs (if listed) and select "Remove".

ClickSpring
Cowabanga by OIN
ipwindows / ipwins
MediaTickets
MediaTickets by OIN
OIN
Outer Info Network
PurityScan
PurityScan by OIN
Snowball Wars by OIN
TizzleTalk
TizzleTalk by OIN
Yazzle by OIN
Yazzle ActiveX By OIN
Yazzle Cowabanga by OIN
Yazzle Kobe :filtered:! By OIN
Yazzle Picster by OIN
Yazzle Sudoku by OIN
Yazzle Snowballwars by OIN
Yazzle Kobe Balls! by OIN
Zolero Translator
or anything similar with OIN, Outer Info or Yazzle in them.

Important! Reboot when done.

Open My Computer or Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files and delete any of the named program folders listed above that you find (if they still exist).

If you do not see any icon for "OIN" or "(program) by OIN" in Add/Remove Programs, then download and run the Purity Scan uninstaller.
  • Save the Uninstaller to your desktop.
  • Double click on the OiUninstaller.exe icon on your desktop.
  • Click on "Run".
  • Enter the four digit code that is displayed and click on "Uninstall".
  • Click on "Ok" and reboot your computer.
Click here for Instructions with screenshots if needed.

Note: OiUninstaller uses UPX (ultimate packer for executables), an advanced file compressor and a method for compressing executable files to reduce their size to save space on a disk and download time. Some anti-virus programs such as Avast and Kaspersky may detect it as malware when attempting to download or unpack the compressed file.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
  • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Acan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 centrinoblue

centrinoblue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

Thank you for your quick and detailed response quietman7.

I will follow your instructions and report back what I find.

cheers

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,600 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:36 AM

You're welcome and good luck.

#5 centrinoblue

centrinoblue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:41 PM

Ok,

Unfortunately I was in the middle of moving when this happened so I just shut my system down until the move was over.

Quietman,

I followed your instructions and found and installation of Outerinfo in my 'remove programs' list. When I removed it, it prompted me with a captcha but seemed to uninstall ok.

There were no matches in my program files directory.

I ran MBam and it prompted me to reboot in order to get rid of some problem files. The only issue is after the reboot I was prompted about an application that couldn't initialize and then the Windows prompt to send an error report which I declined to send. Other than that everything seems quiet now. Here is the log file.

One thing I do notice, which may be unrelated, is that I can't launch 'notepad' any more.

Please let me know if I need to do anything further.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.12
Database version: 738

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 45222
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 3 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 4
Memory Modules Infected: 2
Registry Keys Infected: 20
Registry Values Infected: 7
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 10
Files Infected: 39

Memory Processes Infected:
c:\WINDOWS\mrofinu1001186.exe (Trojan.DownLoader) -> Unloaded process successfully.
C:\Program Files\Network Monitor\netmon.exe (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Unloaded process successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Application Data\WinTouch\WinTouch.exe (Adware.WinPop) -> Unloaded process successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Application Data\speedrunner\SpeedRunner.exe (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
c:\WINDOWS\u2vhbibccm9va2vz\asappsrv.dll (AdWare.CommAd) -> Unloaded module successfully.
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\srff.dll (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Unloaded module successfully.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{ff46f4ab-a85f-487e-b399-3f191ac0fe23} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{2e4a04a1-a24d-45ae-aca4-949778400813} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{63334394-3da3-4b29-a041-03535909d361} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\testcpv6.bho (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{15421b84-3488-49a7-ad18-cbf84a3efaf6} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{15421b84-3488-49a7-ad18-cbf84a3efaf6} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\testcpv6.bho.1 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{a394e835-c8d6-4b4b-884b-d2709059f3be} (Trojan.Network.Monitor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3877c2cd-f137-4144-bdb2-0a811492f920} (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\wintouch (Adware.WinPop) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\speedrunner (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Twain (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SpeedRunner (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\testCPV6.DLL (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CPV (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\BO1jiZmwnF2zhi (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WR (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cmdService (Adware.CommAd) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinTouch (Adware.WinPop) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Network Monitor (Trojan.Service) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\runner1 (Trojan.DownLoader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Twain (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Twain (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\WinTouch (Adware.WinPop) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\SpeedRunner (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\SfKg6w (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\JavaCore (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\Network Monitor (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\InetGet2 (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Inet_Get_2 (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Temporary (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\JavaCore (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\CPV (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Twain (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\NetMon (Trojan.NetMon) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Application Data\WinTouch (Adware.WinPop) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Application Data\speedrunner (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Delete on reboot.

Files Infected:
c:\WINDOWS\u2vhbibccm9va2vz\asappsrv.dll (AdWare.CommAd) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\WINDOWS\mrofinu1001186.exe (Trojan.DownLoader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\srff.dll (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files\CPV\CPV8.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\atmtd.dll (Adware.TargetSaver) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\atmtd.dll._ (Adware.TargetSaver) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b104.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b128.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b138.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b152.exe (Trojan.Insider) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b155.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b156.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b157.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu1001186.exe.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\uninstall_nmon.vbs (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\cmdinst.exe (Trojan.Proxy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Local Settings\Temp\cmdinst.exe (Trojan.Proxy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Local Settings\Temp\GLK1C.tmp (Rogue.EvidenceEliminator) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Local Settings\Temp\GLK6.tmp (Rogue.EvidenceEliminator) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Local Settings\Temp\outerinfo.ico (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4TUOBCCZ\17PHolmes[1].cmt (Trojan.DownLoader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0E6NQUEZ\718f466754402ac597de014577627f96[1].zip (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0E6NQUEZ\wtuninstaller.prod.v10008.28dec2007.exe[1].6e13e72a172c38497dbf3a6e4fa179d5 (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Network Monitor\netmon.exe (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\JavaCore\JavaCore.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\JavaCore\UnInstall.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\CPV\CPV8.dll.lzma (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Twain\Twain.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Twain\Twain.exe.lzma (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\NetMon\domains.txt (Trojan.NetMon) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\NetMon\log.txt (Trojan.NetMon) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Application Data\WinTouch\wintouch.cfg (Adware.WinPop) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Application Data\WinTouch\WinTouch.exe (Adware.WinPop) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Application Data\WinTouch\WTUninstaller.exe (Adware.WinPop) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Application Data\speedrunner\config.cfg (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Application Data\speedrunner\SpeedRunner.exe (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Application Data\speedrunner\SRUninstall.exe (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\rayiou.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\g2mdlhlpx.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,600 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

Did you reboot the computer after using MBAM? If it encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you need to restart the computer so the malware can be fully removed. Failure to do so will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Your log indicates some files will be deleted on reboot. If you have not rebooted, make sure you do this. When done, rescan again with MBAM and post the new log report.

Please print out and follow the instructions for using SDFix in BC's self-help tutorial "How to use SDFix".
-- When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
-- Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus and any anti-malware real time protection before performing a scan.

When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply. Be sure to renable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.

Did you check to see if notepad.exe is still on your system? Some types of malware can overwrite Windows files and they can get deleted during the disinfection process. If that was the case, you can download a replacement copy from here.

#7 centrinoblue

centrinoblue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:22 AM

Hey quietman7,

I finally got a chance to get back to this.

Just to confirm, I did reboot after running MBAM.

It also looks like notepad.exe is still in my system32 directory.

Here is my SDFix log:

SDFix: Version 1.181
Run by Sean Brookes on 05/17/2008 at 12:25 PM

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

Checking Services :

Restoring Windows Registry Values
Restoring Windows Default Hosts File

Rebooting

Checking Files :

Trojan Files Found:

C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Local Settings\Temp\Jav5.tmp.exe - Deleted
C:\Program Files\Spcron\Spcron.dll - Deleted
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Yazzle1560OinAdmin.exe - Deleted
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Yazzle1560OinUninstaller.exe - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\b104.exe - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\b128.exe - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\b152.exe - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\b155.exe - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\b156.exe - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\b157.exe - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu.exe - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu1001186.exe.tmp - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\atmtd.dll - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\atmtd.dll._ - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\Dirhost.com - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wintcps.exe - Deleted

Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu1001186.exe

Folder C:\Program Files\InetGet2 - Removed
Folder C:\Program Files\Spcron - Removed
Folder C:\Program Files\Temporary - Removed

Removing Temp Files

ADS Check :

Final Check :

disk not found C:\

please note that you need administrator rights to perform deep scan

Remaining Services :

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\mqsvc.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\mqsvc.exe:*:Enabled:Message Queuing"
"C:\\Program Files\\EarthLink TotalAccess\\TaskPanl.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\EarthLink TotalAccess\\TaskPanl.exe:*:Enabled:Earthlink"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP Rhapsody\\rhapsody.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP Rhapsody\\rhapsody.exe:*:Enabled:Rhapsody"
"C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IEXPLORE.EXE"="C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IEXPLORE.EXE:*:Enabled:Internet Explorer"
"C:\\Program Files\\FTP Commander\\ftpcomm.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\FTP Commander\\ftpcomm.exe:*:Enabled:ftpcomm"
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\Program Files\\Canon\\DV Messenger\\DV Messenger.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Canon\\DV Messenger\\DV Messenger.exe:*:Enabled:Executable"
"C:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe:*:Enabled:Bonjour"
"C:\\Program Files\\Freedom Scientific\\Activator\\1.1\\FSACTIVATE.EXE"="C:\\Program Files\\Freedom Scientific\\Activator\\1.1\\FSACTIVATE.EXE:*:Enabled:Client Activator"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Sean Brookes\\Local Settings\\Temp\\java_ee_sdk-5_02-windows.exe2\\package\\jre\\bin\\javaw.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Sean Brookes\\Local Settings\\Temp\\java_ee_sdk-5_02-windows.exe2\\package\\jre\\bin\\javaw.exe:*:Enabled:Java™ Platform SE binary"
"C:\\Java\\Java2_JDK\\jdk\\bin\\java.exe"="C:\\Java\\Java2_JDK\\jdk\\bin\\java.exe:*:Enabled:Java™ Platform SE binary"
"C:\\Program Files\\eclipse\\eclipse.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\eclipse\\eclipse.exe:*:Enabled:eclipse"
"C:\\eclipse\\eclipse.exe"="C:\\eclipse\\eclipse.exe:*:Enabled:eclipse"
"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\j2re1.4.2\\bin\\javaw.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Java\\j2re1.4.2\\bin\\javaw.exe:*:Enabled:javaw"
"C:\\Program Files\\Apache Group\\Apache2\\bin\\Apache.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Apache Group\\Apache2\\bin\\Apache.exe:*:Enabled:Apache HTTP Server"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\javaw.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\javaw.exe:*:Enabled:javaw"
"C:\\Java\\Java2_JDK\\jdk\\bin\\javaw.exe"="C:\\Java\\Java2_JDK\\jdk\\bin\\javaw.exe:*:Enabled:Java™ Platform SE binary"
"C:\\Program Files\\CyberLink\\PowerDirector Express\\PDX.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\CyberLink\\PowerDirector Express\\PDX.exe:*:Enabled:CyberLink PowerDirector Express"
"C:\\Program Files\\CyberLink\\PCM4Everio\\PCM4Everio.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\CyberLink\\PCM4Everio\\PCM4Everio.exe:*:Enabled:CyberLink PowerCinema NE for Everio"
"C:\\Program Files\\CyberLink\\PCM4Everio\\EverioService.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\CyberLink\\PCM4Everio\\EverioService.exe:*:Enabled:CyberLink PowerCinema NE for Everio Resident Program"
"C:\\inet_download\\utorrent\\utorrent.exe"="C:\\inet_download\\utorrent\\utorrent.exe:*:Enabled:ęTorrent"
"C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\uTorrent.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\uTorrent.exe:*:Enabled:ęTorrent"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ow3ndz.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ow3ndz.exe:*:Disabled:ow3ndz"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\mqsvc.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\mqsvc.exe:*:Enabled:Message Queuing"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

Remaining Files :

C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu1001186.exe Found

File Backups: - C:\SDFix\backups\backups.zip

Files with Hidden Attributes :

Mon 16 Apr 2007 16 ...H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\jg0wjzt.dll"
Tue 2 Aug 2005 303,616 A.SHR --- "C:\WINDOWS\U2VhbiBCcm9va2Vz\command.exe"
Sat 10 May 2008 68,608 ..SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Common Files\F?nts\dllhost.exe"
Fri 20 Jul 2007 40 A..HR --- "C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Activator\FSSHELL32.dll"
Sat 19 Apr 2008 182,272 ..SHR --- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\Dirhttp.exe"
Sun 3 Jun 2007 0 A.SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.tmp"
Fri 11 Apr 2008 230,400 ..SHR --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Brookes\Application Data\?racle\javaw.exe"
Sat 14 Oct 2006 49,380 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\vs000223.tmp"

Finished!

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,600 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:00 AM

This infection will require further investigation. Before that can be done you will need you to create and post a hijackthis log.

Please read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log" and complete all the steps. There are instructions for downloading and running Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) which will create a hijackthis log for you, or automatically download and install the most current version of HijackThis if it's not already installed on your computer.

When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the HJT Team.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

#9 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:58 AM

Now that you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users