Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Messenger Closes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dhyowi

dhyowi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:12 AM

hello,

I followed the advice of a respondent from yahoo answers regarding my problem with yahoo messenger and have used the combofix program on my computer. The problem did not go away. Can i post the log here? Can I please, so that experts can advice me on the matter?

Thanks a lot!

AMD duron 750 mhz 256mb XP Professional SP2

I was advised from yahoo answers to use combofix but that didnt work. Every time I try to log in to YM it closes. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the program but it does not help. Please help anyone?

Thanks!

Edited by dhyowi, 22 April 2008 - 07:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:03 AM

Welcome to BC dhyowi

Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.

You should not be using Combofix unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.

Further, ComboFix logs should not to be posted outside the HijackThis forums.

If that is your only issue, then you may not be dealing with any malware. As the first step I suggest you contact "Yahoo Messenger Support" and ask them. Chances are the same issue has already been reported, and a solution is available. If the Support Techs cannot resolve the issue, please post back here but let us know what they had to say.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users