Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One Inaccessible Xppc On Company Network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sipickles

sipickles

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:43 AM

Hi,

In our small company, I've set up a network. Works well on the whole.

Recently I bought a new XP desktop to replace a laptop.

It is connecting to the network okay, can browse the internet through the gateway, and view other pcs shared folders (6 x XPs, 2x Vista).

My problem is no-one can access the shared folder on this new machine. Error is:

\\Riggers is not accessible

I can ping Riggers thru the LAN fine.

I used control userpasswords2 to reset the password for the guest account, and unchecked 'users need a password to access this pc'. Now other pcs are presented with a dialogue:

CONNECT TO Riggers

It is asking for a password, but there is none, clicking return just causes the dialogue to reappear.

Following help in winhlp.comm I checked the registry key RestrictAnonymous. Its is set to zero.

Disabling AVG firewall has no effect.

Please help... I am stumped!

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kendy

Kendy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:28 PM

1st of all is it your xp desktop didn't on its printer and file sharing?
2nd is that your windows xp desktop's version is up to date same as your laptop?
i faced this problem before, but after my pc update till the latest, all going smooth
Hope my point of view helps you :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users