Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Running Fast As Molasses

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bestdamnwriter

bestdamnwriter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:59 PM

I’ve run Firefox every since it was introduced and never, ever had a problem. Now, for the last week, my browser has been hanging up any time I input data online. I can type 4 or 5 letters. Then it stalls for anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute, then starts up again and lets me type 4 more letters. It’s taking me forever to fill in forms.
I do not use IE, but tried it to see if I had the same problem, and I did not. (And as a side note, my system has IE version 6. It kept trying to install version 7, but the install failed each time.) When I found out the problem was only with Firefox, I uninstalled Firefox, ran CCleaner, including registry fix, ran Ad-aware SE, ran IObit Smart Defrag and reinstalled Firefox without any add-ons. All scans showed no malware or spyware. After all that, I still have the same problem. I am using Avast . It is set on the same settings I have used for several years—normal—and I have not customized it.

When I look into Event Viewer/Application I see this error message: ERROR…..4/21/2008….8:59:26 …Application Hang

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Hang
Event Category: (101)
Event ID: 1002
Date: 4/21/2008
Time: 8:59:26 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BONNIE
Description:
Hanging application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20080.40413, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

I hope someone here can give me some insight into what's going on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users