Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fremder

Fremder

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 25 March 2005 - 12:25 PM

This post is for my sister, I don't really have a problem with the Internet, but it seems she does. Ok, what she said was that when she has to get on the Internet she has to go to the Start Menu -> Connet To -> then ISP instead of just clicking on the Internet Icon, but I can just click on the icon and the internet will come on and we have dial-up and we have our own profiles on the computer. I guess she doesn't like doing that so can someone tell me how to fix it so she stop asking me how to fix it. :thumbsup:

The next problem is when she gets on the Internet the only website that she can get is the homepage and I can go to any website as you can tell by how I wrote this question. The first problem she can live with, but if you know how to fix it please tell and the second too.
You will not like me if I'm angry.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:21 PM

For the first problem, click on tools, then internet options and then click on the connections tab. Make sure her ISP connection is listed under Dialup and private networking settings: and then make sure the setting always dial my connection iwhen its not present. See if that fixes the first problem.

The second problem is weird. What kind of connection is this?

#3 Fremder

Fremder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:56 PM

What do you what kind of connection is this? Do you mean Internet Connection? 56k, not even, more like 26K wish I could get it faster, can't get DSL or Cable. :thumbsup:
You will not like me if I'm angry.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:22 PM

If she clicks on start, then run, and type iexplorer http://www.bleepingcomputer.com

does it come to this website?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users