Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Can't Create New Partitions From The C Drive

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dialga

Dialga

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:19 PM

i have a Dell Dimension 9200 Windows Vista SP1 32-bit and i have been trying to make a partition so i could install Ubuntu sometime but it seems Dell has prevented from me creating new partitions on the one HDD has got the C drive (OS and all my files on it) the D (Dells Recovery drive) and a drive with no letter and only 47 MB 100% free no file system it is a EISA Configuration partition maybe Virtual PC 2007 or something as i was trying to use PClunixOS with it but had problems but is there a way i could create new Partitions or by using Virtual PC to install Ubuntu?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialga

Dialga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:49 AM

anyone?

#3 karthik.v

karthik.v

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:29 AM

Ya I am Here..

I am Sure there Should Be MEDIA DIRECT Partition in your HDD.

Make Sure to Take Back Up Before working on it. If You are removing the Media Direct partition only you can Partition the C Drive.

1) You have C Driva

2) Recovery Drive a D

In between C and D The Media Direct is there so You can do the Partition. remember to Take backup Before doing any thing.

And Reg installing Ubuntu You can Use VMware it best and it works great for Virtual Machine works.

Regards,
karthik

Edited by karthik.v, 21 April 2008 - 05:31 AM.

#4 Dialga

Dialga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:39 AM

ok thanks but 1 question what is Media direct and where is it? i'm clueless :huh:

ohh and is it VMware player i'm looking for because the others cost money

Edited by Dialga, 21 April 2008 - 07:41 AM.

#5 karthik.v

karthik.v

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:22 AM

Check the Media Direct Partition @ your disk Management

And You can download from Microsoft even its free i seen it around before few months back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users