Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Sp 1?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:44 PM

Anyone,

I don't seem to be able to install Vista's SP 1 onto another PC's hard drive that I have put on my PC while I'm looking for a new MoBo for theirs. Their sound hard ware on their MoBo is apparently burned out and they don't have an independent sound card.

They have Vista Home Basic. It has downloaded and installed the 'checker' tool to see why it can't download and install SP 1. I've also downloaded the SP 1 to my PC independently of the Vista update tool and I it still will not install. The Instillation starts but doesn't complete.

Does anyone have an idea why this might be and how to correct it? Thanks.

John :huh:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users