Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With Trojan:w32/vundo.gen!d

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AidanMc

AidanMc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

Hi Guys,

You do a real great job, and i've picked up some good info along the way. But getting to the point I seem to have gotten the above virus and have pretty much gotten rid of it thanks to your info, as i'd be very tech savvy I know my way around win xp and went through a lot of the steps listed in previous posts to remove this virus including downloading hijack this, dss and combofix, i've went through the logs myself and found the culprits using dss.exe, didn't see any reason to post the logs here, seems ive got two .dll's hanging off winlogon, the first is tuvSjGAp.dll and the second being yayxvVol.dll.

I've removed all the entries of these from the registry, booted into safe mode.....but yet I cannot delete this two files, running a v. of mcafee with up to date defs but this doesn't pick it up when I scan the two files I get no threats found.

I've run a norton cleaner which said it killed the service which is running the trojan, besides running a dos boot disk at this stage (which I don't have to hand) to rename the two files i'm completly bamboozled, any suggestions to get rid of these two files would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and keep up the good work,

AidanMc

Edited by Orange Blossom, 20 April 2008 - 11:18 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users