Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited Connectivity Or No Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mmk_1976

mmk_1976

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

I am using Windows XP sp2. from last couple of day's whenver my laptop come back from sleep mode I get message on my internet connection status "Limited connectivity or no Connectivity" . If I do a restart still my laptop don't get IP from router. Only after doing hard reboot...shut down I get my connection back.

I have another laptop which works fine with same setup.

Pls help

Thanks in advance.
MMK

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:55 PM

Sometimes that happens with me...
Do you have the network diagnostics installed? You should if you do Automatic Updates. If not, go here and download it. If you have that problem again just run it.
It might take a bit, so try restarting your router, that's usually the cause of the problem.
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#3 Kendy

Kendy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:23 AM

hmm... when that icon came out
is that you still able to make connection to internet?
if can't i think is you have set a fix ip which out of the range of your router/hub/modem
if can it i think you need to restart your modem and computer

#4 mmk_1976

mmk_1976
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:08 PM

Thanks skyfuser this work for me ...:flowers: gr8 help

Thanks
MMK

:thumbsup:

Sometimes that happens with me...
Do you have the network diagnostics installed? You should if you do Automatic Updates. If not, go here and download it. If you have that problem again just run it.
It might take a bit, so try restarting your router, that's usually the cause of the problem.

#5 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:10 PM

You're welcome ;) Glad I could help.
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#6 mmk_1976

mmk_1976
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

After couple of day's this started again......admin please help........

I am also geting some error: when I start laptop ro bring abck from sleep mode it shows me error box saying ehshell.exe application has generated an exception that could not be handle by application and then its open a IE window.

Pls let me know how to fix this..

Thanks
MMK

Edited by mmk_1976, 11 May 2008 - 10:00 PM.

#7 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

I'm getting mixed results about this file.
Here it says it's safe. On BleepingComputer's it's classified as dangerous.
Mind telling me where the file is located?

#8 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

Hi,
Well there's always files that has a legitimate process and a malacious process. It all depends where it is run and the directory it is from.
Please tell us where it is located, it's probably part of Microsoft but still tell where the file is located

EDIT: repeates

Regards,
Extremeboy

Edited by extremeboy, 12 May 2008 - 06:54 PM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#9 mmk_1976

mmk_1976
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:47 PM

Which file are you talking about?
sorry I could not able to reply...as I was very buzy with office work I never got time to work on home laptop...:thumbsup:

Thanks
MK

Hi,
Well there's always files that has a legitimate process and a malacious process. It all depends where it is run and the directory it is from.
Please tell us where it is located, it's probably part of Microsoft but still tell where the file is located

EDIT: repeates

Regards,
Extremeboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users