Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question About Dos System...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 XxXBooTCoDeXxX

XxXBooTCoDeXxX

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:36 PM

hey thanx for replying to my post those who have. :flowers: neways..............

i have read alot of the forums and tutorials and i think i read somewhere that i need to go in to the properties tab for this but i wasnt seeing it. what it is is i wanted to check out my dos system on here i have been on dos for years but i tried typing in

netstat-a to check the stat i read that u can check out the netstuff through dos
netstat-b

telnet

i tried all these commands and it says this program is not runable or not operable not a batch file
im not trying to break into computers trust me im not going to jail i just like to know everything
but i thought thte netstat thing was cool
thanx in advance cheers to all administrators yall do great :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Your about to be booted.........booting now!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:14 PM

Hello XxXBooTCoDeXxX,

To get to the command prompt in XP, click Start, click Run..., type cmd in the "Open:" box, then click OK. A Command Prompt window will open, where you can enter DOS-like commands.

In your examples, there should be a space after the netstat command, before the hyphen:

netstat-a

not

netstat-a

If you want to see all the options/parameters that are available, you can type:

netstat/?

Note: If I type netstat-a (without a space before the hyphen), the message you describe is issued:

'netstat-a' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

#3 XxXBooTCoDeXxX

XxXBooTCoDeXxX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:21 AM

ok thanx i understand it now it read

listening like 7 times and one close waiting
Posted Image
Your about to be booted.........booting now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users