Hi there Louis - I always do custom install, and only installed the software which was necessary, what I need to know, is there anyway, a HP printer (all in one, memory card reader) could corrupt the BIOS?
I have looked in the event viewer, and there doesn't seem to be any clues at all.
Just to sum this up.
1. System randomly turns off
2. 2 days after random reboots, the system won't boat, and the power off button doesn't work.
3. Tech guy takes away PC, and says it was a faulty mother board, and installs new board, and i receive computer back.
4. I reformat windows, install all software, printers (HP & Canon), test everything, all working fine.
5. 2 days later, i walk upstairs, find the pc has a black screen, with blue boxes
6. Today, while using the PC, i get the same black screen, reboot pc, and start to backup all data to external hard drive.
7. While backing up data, pc turns off and reboots.
8. I have since been able to back up all data, run windows memory test and in the process of running memtest86x.
Considering my motherboard has been replaced, what would be the next steps to solve this, as this can't be software related, as I have reformatted the PC, the fans are working fine, memory has passed memory tests, all usb hubs are working - what would you suggest?
Edited by Franky-99, 20 April 2008 - 10:21 AM.