Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Needs Some Help.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

So, because of my "dad" I am getting evicted for a second time. Im 15. This time we have NO WHERE to go... What do you guys think I should do? I don't have any friends within the state I can go to. I don't really have a whole lot of options...

Go ahead and delete this if a moderator/administrator figures its inappropriate for BC... Ill understand...
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:41 AM

Indeed,an unfortunate situation to be in.When you say we,I presume it may be your Mother also.I don't know the full story,and probably best not disclosing the reasons.
The first thing I would do, is approach the Salvation Army, or like Charity for assistance. Here they provide food and Shelter,if you are in dire straits. Hope a solution is found for you. :thumbsup:

#3 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:00 AM

Another possible resource is the Catholic Church (and you don't have to be Catholic).

If you have a vehicle, or even enough for bus fare, most towns of a moderate size on up have emergency shelters. I would stay away from the large cities. The smaller a town is, that has shelter facilities, the better.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:20 AM

I agree with the advice already given. I would suggest you both go to a private charity first; almost all of them can find you emergency assistance and shelter, and their counselors have a wide range of connections with other groups who can also offer more long-term help to get you both back on your feet.
Perhaps you have relatives, even if in another state, which which you could live temporarily?
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:17 AM

I'd go with the above advice, and try to keep your mind clear of any obstacles and dark thoughts whilst you help yourself!
Crazyness comes to those who wait

#6 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:20 AM

Indeed,an unfortunate situation to be in.When you say we,I presume it may be your Mother also.I don't know the full story,and probably best not disclosing the reasons.
The first thing I would do, is approach the Salvation Army, or like Charity for assistance. Here they provide food and Shelter,if you are in dire straits. Hope a solution is found for you. :thumbsup:

No... My dad began his "usefullness" about a year before my mother got cancer (Got rest her soul) Ill take a look into that Slavation Army. Thanks guys
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:31 PM

Were you in any support group when your mother had cancer? Perhaps they can steer you in the right direction. After getting immediate assistance, don't forget to check state-run programs for long term help. Also Social Security and SSI
Search for North Carolina charities
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users