Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Home, Sp2 - Taskbar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jarhead35

Jarhead35

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:14 PM

Startup program will not show the task bar, icons, clock or "Start" button. Microsoft CD will not work, nothing happens. "Normaliz.dll" was removed by accident.
How do I get it back when there is no Start Menu of any kind or sort, and using CD does not work?

CD trying to be used did not come with computer, but is exact duplicate of XP OS being used.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:39 PM

You could boot into safe mode and try a system restore to a point before the issue surfaced from the admin account.

If that doesn't work:

I found these in the Microsoft forum:
One of them might work for you.

"hi i had the same problem go to windows task manager by pressing cltr then alt and then delete press new task and coy and paste this

%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

and press k then restore ur comp and then it will totally fine"

"MUST READ THE INFO HERE ENTIRELY:

I Read some of the info from the Microsoft Certified partner provided by me to this link which is free attached. However, you must have another computer to get this file or re-install IE7. I chose to copy this file into the directory after downloading.

To completely fix the computer without Normaliz.dll file: First, start your computer without the file, if it keeps saying the same error message, just keep clicking the error message till the window comes up that you want. Then, when you have a screen without any menus or links, "click control alternate delete" to bring up a "task window". Click on Applications Window, In the right hand corner click on New Task, Click Browse to find where you Unzipped the Files to any USB device that you downloaded, then copy the file to the windows\system32 directory.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?normaliz

If its broke, fix it!"

The person who had the problem stated that the 2nd solution worked for him/her.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 19 April 2008 - 09:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users