Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lan Forgotten?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DreadZer0

DreadZer0

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

I have a 2 computer system running in my house: the (basic) one downstairs to keep my family happy, and the (half-decent) one in my room. I frequently switch the cable from PC to Xbox 360. Now, my PC suddenly has stopped detecting any LANs, even though the ethernet cable is plugged in. None of the microsoft wizards seem to work.

How the hell do i fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DreadZer0

DreadZer0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

well, anyone know?

#3 DreadZer0

DreadZer0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:11 PM

i guess not...someone please prove me wrong!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,850 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:40 PM

Sooo...do you have a cable, DSL, or dialup connection to the Internet? Is the Internet connection working properly...or is the LAN aspect (home network) the only aspect you have problems with?

What do you mean that the system cannot detect a LAN? Did you set up the LAN from scratch?

Did you check Device Manager for possible clues on each system? Is the network adapter on each system reflected there?

Did you try running the MS/XP Network Wizard to reestablish connections?

Are you using a router?

I guess I don't understand...why you feel like you have to switch connections...when it seems to me that setting up home network and using a router would accomplish what you do manually.

What does "None of the microsoft wizards seem to work." mean? What wizards exactly, please?

You already checked all connections and did a check for possible malware interference?

Did you check Event Viewer for possible clues?

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users