Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crypt32chain/senslogn

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 vundohate

vundohate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:59 PM

Spybot S&D says I have 2 viruses on startup. What can I do about crypt32chain and senslogn?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

with respect; according to your HJT log thread

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic142528-15.html

???you have a COPY of windows on your computer and not a legitimate version of windows? ? this WILL facilitate infections

your log thread is still open so are you going to seek help on there which you ought to

#3 vundohate

vundohate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

Well that guy insists that the problem with my computer speed is the typical things. He fails to understand that my computer was fast before infection and then it got slow after. He sent me here http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiem...owcomputer.html. I have none of those problems. I' m not sure if the two things I posted are viruses or not. Some sources claim they're safe and others claim they're not. Since this is irrelevant to the vundo infection which has been fixed i think, I figured it would be appropriate to start another topic. If I am wrong feel free to delete this topic.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,136 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

You received help with your log from miekiemoes, a respected expert in the security community who followed up by stating:

So I assume you are using an illegal version of XP? In that case, I can't help you anymore since we don't support illegal software.

As miekiemoes stated, BC does not support software piracy. Please read the BC Discussion/Message Boards Rules

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

This thread is closed. If you have any questions, please PM me or another Moderator.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users