Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Atgban.dll And Ie Popups!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 applesauce

applesauce

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:23 AM

i had a virus and thought it was gone but.....after running 3 or 4 different removal tools, i still get a message about missing some atgban.dll and i get a lot of IE popups (but only when im using a browser)

what can a brother do!?!?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:36 AM

the message about "missing atgban.dll" is because, although the virus (including that file) has been removed, there's still an entry in the Registry that's calling on that file to run at Windows startup. The file no longer exists, hence the error. Open the Registry Editor (Start-->Run-->Regedit).
At the top of the Editor Window, Click "Edit-->Find".
Type ATGBAN.DLL, tick all three boxes, then click "Find Next"
When first instance is found, press the delete key.
Press F3 to continue the same search criteria.
Press delete key if another instance is found.
Press F3 again to continue.
Keep doing that until you see "Windows has finished searching the registry"

#3 applesauce

applesauce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:55 PM

ok, solved that problem!!! thanks a bunch! now what to do about these pop ups!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

Hello applesauce and welcome to bleepingcomputer.
Unfortunatly I'm not allowed to help you in any Malware promblems. You might want to post this topic in the "am i infected" forum. People will help you deal with the pop-ups there.
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:10 PM

The first place to start is by checking your popup blocker to make sure it's enabled. If it is, what type of popups are you getting?
You can also make a post in the
Am I Infected
forum. Give as many details as possible about what's going on, and what virus you had. Someone will advise you further about what to do.

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:16 AM

Hello applesauce,

Now that you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users