Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rundll Message 'error Loading Nvcpl.dll Access Is Denied'

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tomfluharty

tomfluharty

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:27 AM

I downloaded Xfire to enable chat while playing COD4. While in Xfire I downloaded 2 patches for COD4 (v 1.4 & 1.5). While downloading, Comodo came up with an update request which I allowed. I stopped the downloads for COD4 because they where taking too long. Then I tried to open COD4 and got RUNDLL message "Error loading NvCpl.dll' Access Denied. Retry with same problem. I went to Control Panel to remove the suspected Xfire (which I can live without) villain but could not open 'Add/Remove Programs' with RUNDLL message "Error Loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll Access Denied". I then restored to earlier date (this past Thursday) with same results. I then did the attached HJT log to send to my friendly BC friends. Oh! I found I can't insert the HJT log on this post....I have it though, if needed.

Many thanks, Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:50 AM

Hello tomfluharty and welcome to BC :thumbsup:

Let's hold off on the HJT log. The HJT forum is extremely busy. I removed your topic from there as it lacked the log.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 tomfluharty

tomfluharty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:52 AM

Thanks, OB

Win XP

#4 tomfluharty

tomfluharty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:26 PM

OB,
I uninstalled Cod4 hoping that would 'fix' something. It didn't. So what is happening is after reboot, I get three RNNDLL error messages that pop up. 1st is 'Error loading C:/WINDOWS/system32/NVCpl.dll Access Denied" then another " C:/WINDOWS/system32/MvMcTray.dll Acess is Denied" then another "Error loading NVCpl.dll Access is Denied. After clearing those everything operates OK except if I go to Control Panel and try to open any of those folders, I get RNNDLL message "Error loading WINDOWS/ system32/shell32.dll". Just to update you.

Thanks, Tom

#5 tomfluharty

tomfluharty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:47 PM

Well, I rebooted in Safe and was able to restore to earlier time. took two restores to do it. All OK now.
tom :thumbsup:

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:14 PM

Hello,

I'm glad you've got the problem solved. I was researching this and pretty much concluded that the two files in question had to do with your video drivers and that the problem was caused by the aborted COD4 updates, but when you said that you'd tried system restore and that didn't work I was at something of a loss.

Thanks for posting back with your solution.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 SilentStriker

SilentStriker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:54 AM

I am currently playing a game called Rohan Online Blood Feud. I was able to play the game fine, but after reinstalling Win Xp SP2 and all the updates and drivers I get this error when I try to start the game. "Error Loading Nvcpl.dll. Access is Denied". I have a Nvidia GeForce 6800 GS Video card.
After hours of frustration and searching forums I finally found the solution to my problem and it was actually quite simple. I booted up in safe mode with networking and went to Nvidias website and redownloaded the drivers for my video card. Next I completely uninstalled the GeForce drivers and also deleted the Nvidia folder from my hardrive. Then I rebooted my PC again in safe mode and reinstalled the drivers. When I restarted my PC in normal mode the problem was solved and I was able to play the game.
Before I was reinstalling the Setup File Drivers that I had saved to CD Rom. Why this would cause a conflict I have no idea unless the files on the CD contracted a Virus or became corrupted. All I know is that now I have no more Nvcpl.dll error.

#8 tomfluharty

tomfluharty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:45 AM

Silent......Thanks for adding to the thread....and the solution expansion.

Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users