Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Get Google Maps To Draw Map Image S

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The W12ard

The W12ard

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:40 AM

I can't get google maps to load or display the maps. Sometimes it only draws half the image and the rest of the map is grey or displays the message "we are sorry but we don't have maps at this zoom level" This is even when zoomed out so it shouldn't be a problem.

Sometimes the map displays correctly until I zoom in then it just breaks up and wont display the map correctly or it only loads part of the image. When I flip to Sattelite image it works fine but it doesn't display the map overlay (roads). It seems to work fine on my laptop so not sure why it's not working on my PC.

I've reinstalled directx and updated java but this hasn't made any difference. I tried stopping my firewall too but that was no use either. Been on Multimap and I have no problems using that so I can't understand why I'm only having problems with Google maps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

What browser are you using? Does the same thing happen if you use a different browser?

#3 The W12ard

The W12ard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:22 AM

Using Internet Explorer 6.

Edited by The W12ard, 20 April 2008 - 07:44 AM.

#4 The W12ard

The W12ard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

I haven't tried another browser but it used to work fine on this one until recently so I just need to figure out why?

I don't want to use another browser cos I like using this one. I've tried IE7 and I don't like it. If it used to work ok on this browser then it must be a problem with something else. I've even tried reinstalling IE6 from the Windows/ini folder.

Edited by The W12ard, 20 April 2008 - 07:45 AM.

#5 The W12ard

The W12ard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

P.S It works fine on my laptop and that uses the same browser.

Edited by The W12ard, 20 April 2008 - 07:45 AM.

#6 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:05 AM

Maps are not Displaying in Internet Explorer
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Maps...abd7b979f9a0d80

Edited by tork, 20 April 2008 - 08:06 AM.

#7 The W12ard

The W12ard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

Looked there and all I could find was alot of people in the same situation but nobody with a solution to why it's happening. This didn't used to happen until a few months ago. It totally fine on my laptop. I checked the settings in internet explorer options and made sure they were the same on my PC as the laptop. I also deleted the cache, cookies, history etc and it's made no difference.

People keep saying it has something to do with the tiles being blocked because the maps draw the images in sets of tiles and it's these tiles that keep dropping out or not updating when I zoom in on a map. I'm totally lost now and have nowhere to turn other than reformatting my Pc cos I just can't find an answer to why this isn't working anymore when it worked fine a few months ago.

Been scratching my head for ages and it's puzzling me but nobody can help me.

Edited by The W12ard, 06 May 2008 - 04:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users