Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2007 Professional Won't Install Outlook- No Current Outlook Installed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mja22

mja22

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:09 AM

Hello,
I have been serarching all day for some help! I have a new laptop with Vista. I downloaded a trial version on Office 2007 Standard. I ended up buying Professional. I uninstalled the Standard version, but Professional will still not allow me to install Outlook. I went through the registry and deleted everything I could find with outlooks name on it.... and I still can not get Outlook to download. Can anyone help??

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Melissa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialga

Dialga

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:36 AM

I did not think that they still had outlook i thought they replaced it with Windows Mail :huh:

#3 mja22

mja22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:29 PM

Yes- they still do have Outlook 2007- I had it installed (trial version with Office 2007 Standard). I purchased Professional (which does include Outlook). It clearly states on the website that you download Professional that if another version of Outlook is installed that it won't install when you install Professional.

I've read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930559 which doesn't help my situation.... Also on another forum someone posted to open the set up for professional and select the programs you want installed- to make sure Outlook is checked, but when I open the set up it goes straight to installing the software, it doesn't allow me to select what I want installed.

I don't know what else to do- I am at my wits end! I hope someone can help me!

Thanks!
melissa

#4 Dialga

Dialga

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:33 PM

Well i have Home and Student but have you tried installing Office 2007 and then going to the control panel, programs, programs and features then clicking of the Office 2007 program and the clicking change next to uninstall button, add and remove features on the Microsoft office installer and then you can chose the items you want to install such as Outlook 2007 that should do it but if not maybe somebody else can help.

Hope this helps :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users