Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screwed Up Netwrok?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zarola

zarola

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:37 PM

Alright Ill try to give as much detail on this topic as possible.. i htink my network is screwed up!

I have a dlink wbr1310 wired to my upstairs pc. Internet is easily accessed through this pc and is used at full speed. My wii, is also connected at full speed, and so is my laptop. However, this is where it gets tricky. The computer in my basement will recieve a bit of the connection. It only goes at 9kb/s. I also cant share/recieve files on my basement pc. I installed a network card on it, installed drivers. I installed look@lan to see what was up. Both pcs only see thier own connection / router connection. The pcs can not see eachother. I think thats where the root of my problem is. Anyone have any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donuteh

donuteh

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:11 AM

If your computer is connected via wireless connection, you could have interference for somewhere (ie. 2.4Ghz cordless phone) This could cause the your computer to time out whenever you try to do something or just cause you to not be able to see anything on the network, even though it connects, seemingly without a problem.

If you have a wired connection, one of the most common problems I've seen is that the network cable is not made properly, it's common to make a cable to run from 1 room to another and a lot of people tend to group all the colored wires together, but this will cause them to interfere with each other. there are several sites with information on how to properly make Ethernet cable here's one with a helpful diagram http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/2006/01/s...e-your-own.html

Of course there are several other things that could cause these problems but these are the most common things I find so try it and see if it works.
The speed of sound is defined by the distance from door to computer divided by the time interval needed to close the media player and pull up your pants when your mom shouts "OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users