Hello Nancy V
, What operating system are you using,XP,Vista etc...?
First please turn off spybot during these scans. it may conflict with the tools operation. You can turn it on again when done.
Now run these 2 scans and post back 2 logs.
Please download VundoFix
to your desktop.
Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot. Follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears at reboot.
- Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it. If using Windows Vista be sure to Run As Administrator.
- Click the Scan for Vundo button.
- Once it's done scanning, click the 'Fix Vundo' button.
- You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
- Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
- When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.
- Turn your computer back on.
- Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt .
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
- On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Acan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Edited by boopme, 19 April 2008 - 09:39 AM.