Hi and welcome. Is your Operating System XP,Vista or ????
Also what program alerted you to this? have you updated and scanned with your Antivirus from safe mode?
win32.exe is added to the system as a result of the RATEGA virus. It is a Trojan horse give a remote user access to your computer. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system. If found on your system make sure that you have downloaded the latest update for your antivirus application.
This type of malware is designed to STEAL your passwords,creditcard info,banking/financials. This info if stoed on your PC should be changed as it has probably been sent home to the producer.
Please run these tools post the logs and tell us how thing are now,thanks.
Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions
or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.
Please download DrWeb-CureIt
& save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.Reboot your computer in
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with DrWeb-CureIt
- Double-click on drweb-cureit.exe to start the program. An "Express Scan of your PC" notice will appear.
- Under "Start the Express Scan Now", Click "OK" to start. This is a short scan that will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the Yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it.
- Once the short scan has finished, Click Options > Change settings
- Choose the "Scan tab" and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis"
- Back at the main window, click "Custom Scan", then Select drives (a red dot will show which drives have been chosen).
- Then click the "Start/Stop Scanning" button (green arrow on the right) and the scan will start.
- When done, a message will be displayed at the bottom advising if any viruses were found.
- Click "Yes to all" if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
- When the scan has finished, look if you can see the icon next to the files found. If so, click it, then click the next icon right below and select "Move incurable".
(This will move it to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if it can't be cured)
- Next, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list.
- Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
- Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
- Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
- After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner
and then SUPERAntiSpyware
, Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update
Under Scanner Options
make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close
" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.
Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode
to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete
" choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected
button.If you use Firefox or Opers browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive
Perform a Complete
scan. After scan,Verify they are all
on the summary screen to quarantine all
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes
" and reboot normally.
the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
, then click the Statistics/Logs
Under Scanner Logs
, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current
dated log and press View
A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply
to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post log and Let us know how the PC is running now.