Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gta San Andreas Very Laggy, Oddly.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zaroba

zaroba

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:23 AM

Oddly, GTA San Andreas is running very slow on my pc, even with nearly minimum settings. trying to run at 800x600 with min drawdistance, min detail, and no AA. it'll run fine in open areas, but when it comes to driving in cities or on highways in a fast car, it lags horribly. often getting as low as 1 or 2 FPS. the lag is even sometimes causing the NPC cars to crash into each other as they pop on screen.

My specs are in my sig. Its a clean install of XP that i did about a month ago, have made sure i have updated drivers for everything, and the game is freshly installed as well. all other games i have tried on it since installing xp run fine, like oblivion with maxxed setitngs and modded to have higher detail meshes and textures. yet san andreas wont run even on lowest settings. it even gets odder, when i had 64bit Vista on the pc, san andreas ran flawlessly with maxxed settings. back before i had vista, when i had 64bit xp and a core 2 duo cpu and a 7600gs, i recall it running fine as well.

so why is it not running good now with the specs in my sig?
is there anything i may have over looked?

Case: Fractal Design Define XL | OS: Windows 10 - 64bit | Monitor: 3x 22" widescreen LCD
Ram: 16 gb ddr3 | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970
HDs: 64gd ssd, 2tb Seagate Barracuda | Mobo: ASUS P8P67 LE
CPU: Intel Core i5 - 2500 @ 3.3GHz| PSU: 850Watt Thermaltake Black Widow

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users