Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Yahoo Popup blocker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 volrick

volrick

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 23 July 2004 - 02:20 AM

I'm attempting to help out a friend who can't access the internet or open Windows Explorer, Control Panel, My Computer or much of anything else since she installed Yahoo's popup blocker. I've searched but can't find any way to uninstall it manually. She's running XP and has tried system restore 4 times. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Rick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:41 AM

Here a quick way straight fromMicor$oft

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303047

But seems to me she may have a little more than yahoo toolbar troubles.

Tell her to right click the internet explorer icon ...click internet properties...programs..then click resest web settings. see is she at least get online then!

By the way Posted Image

#3 volrick

volrick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:13 PM

Thanks for the welcome. She couldn't get online so she couldn't get to the Microsoft site but I sent her HijackThis and she was able to identify the problem and get it fixed. I appreciate the help. :thumbsup:

#4 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,614 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:23 PM

Hey volrick, I strongly suggest you get her to send in a HijackThis log. The new nasty stuff out there tricks you into thinking it's gone and then boom it's back with a vengeance. It's hard to get rid of, even if you know what you are doing--we're always having to figure it out cause they change so much.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#5 dudeman

dudeman

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:06 PM

get google's

0 user(s) are reading this topic