Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Randomly Turning Off- No Input Signal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Doyle

Kevin Doyle

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:23 AM

Hi guys,

This computer is about 4 years old and has had problems in the past. I am currently using it as my newer one is being repaired * face palm*.
The problem I am having is this.
When I load up world of warcraft( for those that don't know a PC online game) my monitor is randomly turning off and displaying the message " no input signal". It mainly happens when I get to loading screens and I can pretty much predict that'll it'll turn off then. There is no way to get it back on other than to restart the computer by holding down the on switch or turning the mains off, obviously not great to the computer to continually do that.
Browsing the net, loading ventrilo,etc is all fine and causes no problems. Its just when I log into the loading screen. I don't believe it to be the game either. When the screen turns off, ventrilo is still running and I can hear people talking and they can hear me, this leads me to believe its not the computer freezing, it must be a graphics issue?

Any idea what is going on?

Edited by Kevin Doyle, 18 April 2008 - 06:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:43 AM

More than likely a video problem. Were you ever able to run WOW before on this computer? What do you have as far as memory and video card (or onboard) on this computer?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 GaryT85

GaryT85

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:53 AM

strange.... does sound like an issue with your graphics card..

is it onboard or an expansion card?

EDIT - it somehow took me over 10 mins to type my response, so garmanma got in before me.. i am at work though, might have been doing some work for once

Edited by GaryT85, 18 April 2008 - 07:55 AM.

#4 Kevin Doyle

Kevin Doyle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:58 AM

The card is a radeon 9200 pro
The computer has 1 gig of ram. Its really strange and really annoying. Every time I put my character in a new area it means a restart,lol. Everyone is laughing at my grief as the problem is so retarded,lol.
To be honest though the FPS im getting is also very low at times.

Maybe i Need to install updated drivers? Would anyone have a link to my card or would any radeon dirver update do?

Edited by Kevin Doyle, 18 April 2008 - 09:02 AM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

ATI drivers: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeon-prer300-xp.html

Assuming that your card is made by ATI and not some other 3d-party vendor (Asus, Sapphire, etc.).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users