Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Labtop Keeps On Freezing/crashing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 omaroo

omaroo

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:36 AM

hi i need help with a problem. Evertime i switch on my labtop it keeps on freezing when i try to open an application. What is wrong can someone explain this in the simplest of terms.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:03 AM

You will need to post a bit more information on this issue first :thumbsup: Post a more detailed explanation of what happens and which programs does it freeze on etc. This will help us determine the problem and a solution more efficiently :flowers:

David

#3 FadeToBright

FadeToBright

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:50 AM

Which application? Is it only a certain application or is it all applications? Can you log into Windows normally before it crashes?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:59 AM

Does it POST? Do you make it as far as the Windows login screen? Exactly when does it freeze?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:23 AM

i get past the windows screen. However when ever i click on something anything it crashes. Shall i format my computer?

#6 FadeToBright

FadeToBright

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:51 PM

i get past the windows screen. However when ever i click on something anything it crashes. Shall i format my computer?

Sounds like bad RAM. But you can try a reformat, maybe some Windows file have been corrupted.

Edited by FadeToBright, 18 April 2008 - 12:52 PM.

#7 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:15 PM

can i format in safe mode as i cant do it normally.

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:03 PM

You cannot format while still in Windows. Formatting will destroy all of your data, pictures, etc. Do you have a Windows XP CD?
When it crashes, do you get any errors messages? If yes, write them down in full

Edited by garmanma, 18 April 2008 - 02:05 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#9 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:38 AM

i asked other people on other forums as well as this and they said that i would need to format it with windows xp disk which i have got. I done it and it wiped everything as expected. BTW i never had no error message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users