Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving Downloads

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

Question. When I view a short video from the net and it plays in windows media player. How can I save that download to a folder and view it at another time? I use firefox. I set it to download to a folder I created. But when the folder opens there is nothing there. I can just view it at that moment. How can I do this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:43 AM

You know of course that you can use Real Player to download videos directly on Firefox.

#3 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:38 AM

No I didnt know that. How?

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:15 AM

I'm not sure but I think you have to have the latest versions of Firefox and Real Player installed. I don't normally use Firefox. The option will come up while you're watching a video. I did this last week when I needed a video for my blog.

#5 GaryT85

GaryT85

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:21 AM

Yes realplayer will allow you to save videos from the net..

also with firefox there is an add on called 'VideoDownloader' which will do the same sort of thing, though only for a limited number of sites..

(the realplayer option would be better tbh)

#6 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

Thank you. So what version of realplayer should I download and how do I set it up to do this?

#7 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:10 PM

Download it at this link.

http://www.real.com/freeplayer/?rppr=rnwk

#8 GaryT85

GaryT85

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:40 AM

Thank you. So what version of realplayer should I download and how do I set it up to do this?

mine shows as v.11.. link from frankp316 above :thumbsup:

in terms of setting it up i seem to remember it being an option you will have during setup. if not you can enable it once the program is installed;

simply open realplayer - tools - preferences - download and recording - check box :flowers: (also with some other options, but you will see those when you get there)

#9 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:15 AM

Not sure if you even have to do that. What will happen is when you watch a video on Firefox, a little Download This Video box will come up next to the video and you click on that. So you don't even have to go into Real Player until after you download the video.

#10 GaryT85

GaryT85

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:25 AM

Not sure if you even have to do that. What will happen is when you watch a video on Firefox, a little Download This Video box will come up next to the video and you click on that. So you don't even have to go into Real Player until after you download the video.

the 'download this video' box only appears if you have it enabled to, which is what i gave instruction for (just in case it wasn't enabled already..)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users