Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Ports Keep Disconnecting!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DLLN

DLLN

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:54 PM

The USB ports on my computer keeps disconnecting all the time (it makes the disconnect sound) and will reconnect a few seconds later again, sometimes it wont reconnect, it renders all my USB devices useless. can you suggest what else could be wrong with it, thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:41 AM

Try uninstalling the USB drivers and then reboot your computer, on reboot it should reinstall them all. This might resolve it.

Also are these the rear port on the motherboard, or ports at the front of your case?
If on the front, open her up and have a look make sure the connections to the motherboard are solid and pushed in fully.
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 DLLN

DLLN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:27 AM

Thanks i'll try uninstalling. and its the rear ports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users