Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New User Account Wont Open Jpg's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:31 PM

I made a new user account on my computer and for some reason it will not open jpg files. But my main account does. Any idea why?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

You didn't mention if you receive any error messages when attempting to open the image. If you do, post the message here.

One thing you can do, check the file association for .jpgs. If you need/want to change it, follow the directions found in the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

#3 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:02 AM

Hey queen. You actually helped me once before and were very helpful. What happens when I try to open a jpg file it wants me to select a program to open it with. Like I dont have the program on my computer to open it. But when I try to open a jpg using my main user account it open using windows picture and fax viewer. (is there a better free program to use than that?)

Thanks for your help Queen. Have a blessed day.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:42 AM

Did you check the file association on the new user account?
If there is no file set to open it, you'll have to set it to use whatever you want to open it.
Log onto the new users desktop and follow the steps listed in the Microsoft article I linked to above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users