Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iinternet Explorer Shutdown

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DemonicReaper

DemonicReaper

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

My internet explorer will lose connection to the internet randomly but my instant messaging programs like msn and aim will run fine. Internet explorer nor firefox get connection. I have ran virus scans and spyware scans and they find stuff but nothing that fixes the problem. I also am aware that p2p programs and torrents can effect internet connection in that exact way, but i have uninstalled all the ones i ahve and still the problem persists. I have checked my modem for problems, disabled remote access i used to have, and changed ip. I think i infected with some sort of malware but my scans dont ever find any. Please help it is getting to be quite an annoying situation.

Edited by DemonicReaper, 17 April 2008 - 09:19 PM.
moved to appropiate forum G

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:41 PM

Are you seeing error messages upon disconnection?

Most Internet connectivity problems arise out of corrupt Winsock settings due to the installation of a networking software or Malware infestation. Check with your ISP provider first and if they insist that your connection is coming through, the problem must be at your end.

If your using Windows XP SP2, log on as an administrator.
Go to Start / Run and type: cmd
Press Okay. A dos Window will appear.
At the command prompt, type or copy/paste: netsh winsock reset
Hit Enter.
When the program is finished, you will receive the message: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog." You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset."
Close the command box and reboot your computer.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users