Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Browser Hijaked Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pitto

pitto

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

Hi, everybody i'm a new member and i hope i find this side usefull.
the problem is that everytime i go online my home page keep changing and i keep getting these massages that your privacy is under attack, your system is infected and alot of pop ups. i have macafee anti virus(up to date) and alsoAVG antispyware (up to date )which they're not any help. If anybody can help me. i have the hijack this log too if anybody wants to analys it cause hounestly i don't know which one to check mark and fix,
Thanks again

Edited by Orange Blossom, 17 April 2008 - 04:34 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

can you tell us what your windows version is

you could try running superantspyware http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html

from its exe http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfi...ANTISPYWAREFREE

install it , fully update the definitions , reboot and and run it on a full deep scan from the desktop icon

it will produce a log which it would be helpful to see

also

try asquared http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

its exe is http://download6.emsisoft.com/a2FreeSetup.exe install it, fully update it and reboot, run it from the desktop icon and let us know what it finds/ then the experts can point you in the right direction for more powerful tools to clean you

and ps, unless a Staff member asks you to , do NOT post your HJT log as that part of this forum is way overstretched with logs

thanks

#3 pitto

pitto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:00 PM

Hi, the first time that i post , for no reason i was removed because i "combofix", but i didn't even have my log posted.
Any way i am not a computer scinetist, so please if any one in a simple way could tell me how to get my IE back.
Any time i set my privacy to medium the next time automaticaly is set to allow all cookies, and i'm keep getting all these popups saying "your system is at risk" or "your system is infected". my operating system is windows xp.
THanks

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,699 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:19 PM

Hello pito and welcome to BC :thumbsup:

I have merged your new topic to your previous one which was NOT removed, but moved to the Am I Infected forum because the HJT forum is reserved for HJT analysis. Neither post contained a log. The blue text discussing Combofix that you see above the screen is a general warning that EVERYONE reading or posting the in Am I Infected forum sees.

Let's hold off on posting an HJT log as the HJT forum is really busy.

Please describe the pop-ups and warnings more. What color or shapes are they? Are they promoting a specific "security" program? If so, what is the name of it? These answers will help us identify the infection.

Let me expand on the SUPERAntiSpyware instructions:

I would like to scan with SUPERAntiSpyware in Safe Mode. You will, of course, install it in Normal Mode.

Download and install SUPERAntiSpyware free found here: SUPERAntiSpyware

Be sure to click on the download button to the left, not on the free trial download on the right.
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
  • Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
  • Reboot into Safe Mode
  • Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
  • Reboot into Normal Mode
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
Please post the log in your next reply.

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users