Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any Advice Guys Please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ciscodude

ciscodude

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

The MD at work has just rung me, he thinks we have a problem at work

Im only in for the morning, as im going away for the weekend

We have a server running windows, and there seems to be a mixed problem which has only just :thumbsup: been mentioned to me :flowers:

One employee cannot send any Emails, neither can she print any excel docs

Two others can print, but if they enter a program on the server, which is a fleet hire type program, they have to re-boot to print in word or excel, but they can print of from the hire program no problem

One other can get his mail, but again, carnt send

Both mail problems, the users are using Outlook, and our mail and website is hosted by an outside company

Any pointers please guys ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:20 PM

Make sure the users default printer is not set to that Microsoft image document printer thing. I have seen that as a problem a few times. Also you could repair outlook if its just within outlook.

Another very odd thing I have seen rarely is that if the users is joined to the domain rejoining their computer to the domain will fix this. I can't explain it, but I have seen it happen so just a heads up.

Mod Edit: To remove unnecessary quote. ~TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 18 April 2008 - 04:53 PM.

#3 ciscodude

ciscodude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

Cheers Sam, repair outlook, as in http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/commun...s/oerepair.mspx ?

Mod Edit: To remove unnecessary quote. ~TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 18 April 2008 - 04:54 PM.

#4 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

Are you using outlook or outlook express.

What I recommend is putting in the cd and running a repair installation, although it might even be better to completely uninstall restart reinstall.

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 18 April 2008 - 04:55 PM.

#5 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

Hi, you say you have a server is it 2003? have you looked in the event log on the server to check for problems? Who looks after the maintance of the server..in house or do you get someone in? Has the server ever been rebooted latley?
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users