Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Homepage Locked

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chica3400

chica3400

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

Hi my name is Melisa and I posted a hijack this log in another part of the forum, but I do have some questions regarding my situation. Be happy if someone would help.

So here goes:

In the beginning of the week my home computer started to act weird. The homepage was suddenly changed to turbosearch and I couldn't change the homepage under tools...options...etc because the place where you would type it is locked.
Hard to explain but I guess its understood.
Besides that I do have zonealarm and it has been warning me that some ip address (which I have written down somewhere) is trying to gain access to my computer.
I have a weird feeling that this "stalker" or hijacker knows my every move on my computer.
As of right now I am using a public computer in fear that this hijacker will gain access to important files and documents on my home computer.

So far what I did do is I posted a Hijack This log.
Among that I did a few system scans: norton, zonealarm, avast, lavasoft adaware, spybot search and destroy, trend micro....
the list keeps going.
What I have found on these scans are some trojans and viruses but the problem of the locked homepage and the stalker is still not resolved.

If anyone can figure this out I"ll be very grateful.

Thank you

~Melisa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

as you say you have posted an HJT log IN the correct section http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141809/hijacked-not-sure-what-program-infected/

you do need to await a helper to respond ON that thread as they can analyse what may be going on from that log, get you to run any other appropriate tools and guide you accordingly; until that log thread has a reply , you have done the work required, and the thread eventually gets locked by the Team as 'complete' it is really inappropriate for us to comment away from that log thread :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users