Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usa Federal Government

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:26 AM

Does anyone really believe that the federal government is serving the best interests of its citizens?

I don't at all. I think that the lobbyists and the world bank have completely taken over congress, and there is no way that the problem can be solved through the measures that exist in the constitution.

Does anyone still have faith in the US government?
"To do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine

"The things you own end up owning you." Tyler Durden

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:18 PM

1. Does anyone really believe that the federal government is serving the best interests of its citizens?

2. I don't at all. I think that the lobbyists and the world bank have completely taken over congress, and there is no way that the problem can be solved through the measures that exist in the constitution.

3. Does anyone still have faith in the US government?

1. I believe that to a varying degree (depending on the individual issue) our government tends to serve corporate interests before direct needs and interests of its citizens.

2. I think that perhaps the roots of the problem stem from our economic philosophy. For example, many who openly describe distrust for the government have no qualms with wide-spread privatization. However, they describe lobbyists as a a major cause of the corruption and misdirection of the government. Ironic, no? After all, who do lobbyists work for?

3. Faith? I would argue that robust knowledge of the issues, strong critical analysis skills, and open forums based on constructive debate are (a few) of the tools we need to keep a democratic republic functioning properly.

Perhaps relying on faith is part of the problem?
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#3 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:13 PM

1. Does anyone really believe that the federal government is serving the best interests of its citizens?

2. I don't at all. I think that the lobbyists and the world bank have completely taken over congress, and there is no way that the problem can be solved through the measures that exist in the constitution.

3. Does anyone still have faith in the US government?

1. I believe that to a varying degree (depending on the individual issue) our government tends to serve corporate interests before direct needs and interests of its citizens.

2. I think that perhaps the roots of the problem stem from our economic philosophy. For example, many who openly describe distrust for the government have no qualms with wide-spread privatization. However, they describe lobbyists as a a major cause of the corruption and misdirection of the government. Ironic, no? After all, who do lobbyists work for?

3. Faith? I would argue that robust knowledge of the issues, strong critical analysis skills, and open forums based on constructive debate are (a few) of the tools we need to keep a democratic republic functioning properly.

Perhaps relying on faith is part of the problem?

Perhaps faith is the problem, but its not like I have a say in the government, do I? And please don't say,"Well you can vote!" Cause i don't think it matters who is in congress or the whitehouse. not to mentiona all the fools who vote without any knowledge of the candidates. Example: My parents always vote straight republican, period. They have no idea about any issues. Why should I vote when i know a majority of voters do this? My vote really does count for nothing. All I'm really hoping for at this point is that the next election will bring a president that is of the same political party as the majority of congress. I want this because I believe that it will accelerate the country at least in some direction, and bring enough change that maybe Americans will finally be fed up enough with the situation in this country, and we can take real action. And the world bank has our congress wrapped around its finger. We owe them so much money that its not even funny. The point is, our government has made the mistake of siding with the rich corporations and the world bank for too long, and some of these problems are finally coming to light. How long do you think inflation can continue at this rate? How long can food prices continue to soar before Americans just cant make ends meat anymore? I think that time is not far off, and our government will answer for its sins very soon.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

#4 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:30 AM

I've decided there is a way to possibly bring a change to America with out violence. If we all did not vote. This would show our government how unsatisfied we are with them and that we just don't think any candidates for any position matter. And without voters the government we have would crumble, because people would have to leave their elected offices after their term and there would be no one to replace them. Then we would build a new government for the people.

#5 ophelia

ophelia

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

I've decided there is a way to possibly bring a change to America with out violence. If we all did not vote. This would show our government how unsatisfied we are with them and that we just don't think any candidates for any position matter. And without voters the government we have would crumble, because people would have to leave their elected offices after their term and there would be no one to replace them. Then we would build a new government for the people.

As I have already said that we need a New World Order as all the political parties of the world is much a muchness and I will agree with you that if no one voted, it would show what we all thought of it all :thumbsup: , how ever there will always be people who will vote
I know nothing, except the state of my own ignorance

#6 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

If you haven't pinned down the roots of the problems with the current government, how will you replace it with something better?
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#7 ophelia

ophelia

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

If you haven't pinned down the roots of the problems with the current government, how will you replace it with something better?

Right now, wars, displaced people and the world recession is becoming the problem and something we are going to have to work through together
What the world leaders are going to do about it before it becomes a big problem is another issue altogether

We need a world council to deal with it all

Edited by ophelia, 26 April 2008 - 03:50 PM.

I know nothing, except the state of my own ignorance

#8 curt_gilll

curt_gilll

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:30 AM

You can fool some of the people some of the time, and some of the people all off the time. And you can buy the rest. If theres any left there just not with the program or in jail. Ophelia has a very good point. good luck all. I wish i was a fool or rich. :thumbsup:

Edited by curt_gilll, 28 April 2008 - 03:32 AM.

#9 Danart

Danart

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:03 AM

IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS THE INDIVIDUAL. HIS RIGHTS CAME FIRST. WHEN THE ONE BECAME MANY THERE WAS PEOPLE. HENCE THERE ARE ONLY THREE FORMS THAT GOVERNMENT CAN TAKE. WHERE THE ONE RULES HIMSELF (in its pure form anarchy), WHERE THE ONE RULES THE MANY AND WHERE THE MANY RULE THE ONE. THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT IS SUPPOSED TO BE AS THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE STATES A "REPUBLIC" (where one rules himself in respect of another ones right to do the same) THE U.S. GOVERNMENT WAS FORMED ORIGINALLY TO DO ONLY ONE DOMESTIC (as opposed to international) DUTY. TO PROTECT THE INDIVIDUALS RIGHTS OF THE ONE FROM THE ABUSES OF THE MANY AND TO PROTECT THE INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS OF THE MANY FROM THE ABUSES OF THE ONE. THESE RIGHTS BEING THE RIGHT TO LIFE LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. THE ONLY PLACE DEMOCRACY WAS SUPPOSED TO ENTER INTO IT WAS THE ELECTION OF THOSE THAT WERE TO ENSURE THAT THE GOVERNMENT PERFORMED THAT (most sacred) DUTY. SINCE THEN IT HAS BEEN ALL DOWN HILL DUE TO THE GREED FOR MONEY, THE LUST FOR POWER, AND THE EGO OF MAN. THE CORRUPTION IN ALL GOVERNMENTS OF THE WORLD (and in the individual himself) WILL ONLY GET WORSE UNTIL THE ONLY OPTION LEFT (we the average people of the world will be told) IS A ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT. SOME SAY THIS IS GOOD BUT THE IDEAL OF INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS WILL BE TRAMPLED BY THE ENORMOUS EXERCISE OF POWER THIS GOVERNMENT WILL HAVE. IF THE INDIVIDUAL HAS NO RIGHTS NOR DO THE MANY AS THE MANY ARE MADE UP OF INDIVIDUALS.

#10 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:36 PM

I've decided there is a way to possibly bring a change to America with out violence. If we all did not vote. This would show our government how unsatisfied we are with them and that we just don't think any candidates for any position matter. And without voters the government we have would crumble, because people would have to leave their elected offices after their term and there would be no one to replace them.

As a downside to this idea if the elected officials were no-voted out of office with no replacements, the president may invoke some emergency power and start replacing outed officials with his own people of choice. We already have that replacement power with the Cabinet, can't imagine what an entire government would be like that. Oh wait there is a word for this, dictatorship.

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

And here all this time I thought the title topic was USA Feral Government, corrupt enough yet? :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#12 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:59 PM

And here all this time I thought the title topic was USA Feral Government, corrupt enough yet? :thumbsup:

y

haha, feral, very funny. funnier than most news comedy i see on comedy central or saturday bnith live these days. but sadly, its not funny because its a clever remark, or a sarcastic whip, its funny because it is 100% true. men in congreesss theink they so much better than us c ausee they have authority to make the rulez. wlelll i could take it away real fast and if theose "american represtentitives" dont think so, then they should say so, and i'll test it, with my own self, and my own means. i'm not afraid to lose my life so that all the others will ghet a fair shot, i'd mbe honoeresd.

#13 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:09 PM

Take it easy Ryan, threatening Congressmen in a public forum could land the FBI at your doorstep.:thumbsup:

#14 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:22 AM

Take it easy Ryan, threatening Congressmen in a public forum could land the FBI at your doorstep.:thumbsup:

Perfect example of corrupt Gov't....

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#15 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:11 PM

I didn't post Feral Government to be funny, per se. But more for the sake of irony. Albeit it does provoke a bit of humor.

The reason for the irony is the definition and closeness of spelling for the word Feral and Federal. According to the online definition as provided by www.worldwideschool.org. Feral is defined as: Having become wild from a state of cultivation or domestication. I highly doubt todays version of Congress and the two other branches look anything like the founding fathers envisioned in their infinite wisdom. Since it obviously has "become wild from a state of cultivation or domestication".

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users