Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to resize the image resolution?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Westcam

Westcam

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 23 July 2004 - 01:25 AM

just say i have 200 by 200 pixel image and i want to resize it to 800 by 800 pixel and with high quality of using photoshop. how do i do that? is there any image application can resize image with loss less of original quality.
Using Spybot - Search and Destroy Tutorial | HijackThis Tutorial | HijackThis Download link
1 cigarette takes away FIVE minutes of a person's life, so THINK before you smoke
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 23 July 2004 - 02:47 PM

You can try this program:

http://www.irfanview.com/

Btw who is that in your avatar?

#3 Westcam

Westcam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2004 - 12:59 AM

Irfan View 3.91 is can increase the resolution but the picture quality is bad like the zooming photo. :thumbsup:

Btw who is that in your avatar?

Elisha Cuthbert

Edited by Westcam, 24 July 2004 - 01:15 AM.

Using Spybot - Search and Destroy Tutorial | HijackThis Tutorial | HijackThis Download link
1 cigarette takes away FIVE minutes of a person's life, so THINK before you smoke
Posted Image

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2004 - 03:33 PM

You can download an try gimp. Its a full featured open source package like photoshop.

Its been given a lot of great reviews.

#5 Westcam

Westcam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:44 AM

where can i get gimp?
Posted Image

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2004 - 09:13 AM

Start here:

http://www.gimp.org/windows/

However, I would suspect even using the best application will result in some loss of clarity with the increase in size you are proposing.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:50 AM

You will be hard pushed to find anything that can "up size" a graphic/picture and still keep good quality. The trouble is that your are adding pixels to the graphic/picture and the only thing a graphics program can do is sort of guess what pixels are needed to fill the empty spaces. Photoshop7 doesn't do to bad a job at "up sizing" pictures and graphics but it still isn't perfect.
Down sizing the graphic/picture is easy as it just throws out the pixels it doesn't need rather than trying to guess what it needs to fill gaps.

If you don't have Photoshop, then your welcome to email me the picutre/s and i will try my best to resize them.

Chief.

#8 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:29 AM

Hi John,
I've checked out Gimp before. It is mainly for the linux OS. It can be configured for Windows but not by me :flowers: :thumbsup:

Westcam~ I don't know what your OS is but I know a good image editor called dogwaffle.
http://www.squirreldome.com/cyberop.htm
I don't know how well it can resize images but this is a fun app.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#9 Westcam

Westcam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2004 - 06:24 PM

i do have a photoshop 8 cs and it is really bad when it come to increase the resolution image. the qualtiy is worse. :thumbsup:

i have OS Windows XP professional.

i haven't try gimp yet.

i just have this feeling that i dont want to install some wierd name or starge application in my pc. :flowers:
Posted Image

#10 rjmccutchan

rjmccutchan

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:54 AM

I downloaded a trial version of Genuine Fractals. It does an excellent job of resizing. It is especially designed for this task. I forget the numbers, but I think in the lower grade application, you can upsize 600%? Don't quote me. I know this is an old post, but I hought someone might be helped!

#11 Westcam

Westcam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:50 AM

yeh the Genuine Fractals photoshop plugin resize images is quite a small improve in quality though but i don't see a big change. but still it better than nothing. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#12 johnsonbird

johnsonbird

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:54 PM

you can use Easy Graphic Converter
a free tool from Etrusoft

http://www.etrusoft.com/graphic-converter/

0 user(s) are reading this topic