Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drivers Currupt And Disapearing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arnagath

Arnagath

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:56 AM

I have a problem where every time I try to start windows I get an error saying that a critical windows driver is missing... put in a windows disk. It started of with mv61xx.sys which was no problem because that is a marvel raid driver. However the problem did not persist if I pressed escape on the error screen and then just pressed start up windows normally.

However after 2 such boots the drivers for my mouse and keyboard disappeared and I could not get them back. So really it seemed like the drivers where disappearing but I could boot anyway. So I decided to format the HDD and reinstall windows. Everything worked fine for 3 boots and then the same error message keeps popping up.

I am hoping it is a software problem but with the format.... so I am guessing corrupt HDD. Would this be a correct assessment? Or could it be bios, motherboard or something else?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

Download a copy of the diagnostic tools for your hard drive from it's manufacturer's website. If you can get into Windows you can run the Windows tool that they have. If not, then you'll have to make a bootable disk to run the tools from - the instructions are commonly on the same page as the tool.

When you formatted and reinstalled the OS, did you reinstall all the drivers for the system? To check, go to Start and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Look for any devices with red x's or yellow !'s. Let us know what you find.

If there are missing drivers, please provide the exact make and model of your system so that we can try to locate the drivers.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Arnagath

Arnagath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

I seem to be able to get inte windows now but every so often when I try to boot nothing happens, at those times I cant even get into the bios.

I am going to do the disk check after next restart. I have to buy a dvd rom first, dont have any floppydrive

Edited by Arnagath, 19 April 2008 - 11:28 AM.

#4 Arnagath

Arnagath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:22 AM

Alright heres the f'ed up news. My laptop died, powersupply/battery just stopped working so I managed to get everything up and running after a few days, buy the dvd and when its time to do the disk check my desktop workes fine. I have rebooted the stupid matchine now about 10 times and every single time its a ok. I have no clue of what changed. Disk check obviously shows nothing.

Well thanks for the help

on a side note I saw an article saying that one of the updates to vista was causing drivers to become corrupt. Could it be this that my PC was suffering from and that it downloaded an update when I started up the computer last time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users