Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvi

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bbulbb

bbulbb

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:59 AM

:thumbsup: Can I connect a monitors DVI single link cable to a video card DVI doube link port ?? :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

I couldn't find any adapters
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 bbulbb

bbulbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:02 AM

:huh: video card, female port( all the pin holes )monitor plug (9 less pins )will the male conector be compatable with card port in spite of fewer pins ? :huh: Do you know ?? In other words is the port backward compatible ?? Do you know? thankx bbulbb . :thumbsup:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:29 AM

If I remember from a previous post, that I can't find, it won't work. I'm still looking around, but I have a busy day today
You can give this site a look-see.
http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_info.
You can email these guys and maybe even get a free T-shirt
http://dl.tv/

Edited by garmanma, 18 April 2008 - 07:36 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 bbulbb

bbulbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

:thumbsup: OK good link thanks ,from what I can gather from your link "If one or both connections are DVI-D, you need a DVI-D cable. " that is a good description of my situation and one ( monitor )is a DVI-D connector so apparently the DVI-D cable will connect to the video card DVI ( it has more holes than monitor cable has pins though ) no adapter needed unless you want a vga (I don't ).My new video card will be here today so I will cross my fingers ( will post the outcome later ). Thankx .bbulbb :huh:

#6 bbulbb

bbulbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:36 AM

:huh: The male female connectors were compatible from the monitor to card DVI-D and the installation is complete ! but blurring remains in full screen views . Some info [Acer 22 " 5ms monitor ,1680x1050 native resolution . dpi setting 96 (normal size ) screen refresh rate 60 hertz ] [emachines 3507 ,ati radeon Hd 2400 pro 256mb , celeron D 352 , 1.5 gb ram ] . Can you see what my full screen blurring is due to ?? :thumbsup: and any remedy ?? thankx bulbb :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users