Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do You Do It?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:08 AM

Hi all Admin guru's!
I was just surfing through the many posts and resourses and it came to me how is such a large forum run? Such as cost and hardware? It would take quite a few resourses, time and not to mention volunteers to keep it all running smooth. What I find interesting is the latency, for such a large forum is excellent (depends on your connection too ADSL 2+)
So what makes bleepingcomputer tick?

And far as I am concerned the best help forum on the net!
MCP
MSDST

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:48 AM

In the few weeks since I've become a moderator, I have a new-found respect For what goes on behind the scene
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:32 AM

what YOU see on here when you log in as an 'ordinary' member is, I guess about only 10% of the actual board's set up

there is, you may know an HJT Training school , with all of ITS sections , a Mods room, , an admins room and that wee bit is just for starters

as Garmamna's comment indicates..... an AWFUL lot goes on in what one might call , for us the 'hidden 'part of the forum;

on ANY forum there will BE a 'hidden' part that is only accessible if/as you manage to slowly climb up the tree OF forum responsibility and gain access TO areas specific for the work you are doing ON that forum

an AWFUL lot DOES go on 'behind the scenes' part of which will of course be keeping the board safe from any infection , invasion, and really anything else that anyone or anything thinks to try and throw at it

you are of course aware of two areas where ALL members can help especially the Mods and admin

this thread in the HJT section is really self explanatory
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124974/post-misplaced-hijackthis-log-links/

and this thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137145/bleeping-computer-tidiness/ has also been provided for us to notify admin of posts etc that we think are in the wrong section

ALL of this helps the smooth running of the board;

admin has a TON of stuff to keep an eye on that WE cannot see ;I suspect that at times they wish they could just make it all vanish...........

#4 Monty007

Monty007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for the reply garmanman and ruby1, it's great that so many non admin staff pitch in and lend a hand...thats what it is all about! It sure does take a load off other peoples work load if we all pitch in and help a bit.
MCP
MSDST

#5 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:14 PM

Yes true...I think that all the Mods and the Admin especially really deserve something for this :thumbsup: Well done guys!!!

David

#6 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

Yeah, they do a great job.

:thumbsup:

Let's give them all a BC t-shirt!

Posted Image

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#7 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:40 PM

what's going on john you charged me 80 bucks for one :thumbsup:
And you can give them away for free :trumpet:

All the staff at b.c do a tremendous job ,probably more than we all realise :flowers:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

Can I get a humongous one with a pocket?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#9 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:07 PM

No pockets, sorry.

But they do come in small, medium, large, and humongous!

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users