Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do You Want To Run Php And Mysql Offline?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

Hello all,

I am currently trying to learn PHP and MySQL to help with the creation of websites. So I got a book and started to read it and thought to myself this is great but I am not really going to LEARN it unless I try to program it. Now I want to launch a website with it but I dont want to till I know how to write it because all the webservers that support it I found cost money. So I really didnt want to pay for something I wasnt even using. I also have a laptop and I am not always on the net so I like to program offline. So I called my brother up and he gave me a link. It is your own server that supports it. Now I am not going to host websites on it or anything. But if you download the Lite verson it supports both PHP and MySQL. Just write your program and run it on your computer. It works great for me and I thought I might get the word out in case someone else had the same problem. If anyone has used this or heard of it I would love to here your feedback on it.

:thumbsup:
Here is the Link:
Run PHP and MySQL offline!

O'ya I make sure that the server is not running when I get on the net because I am not sure of security risks. I know you can
set up security and stuff but the only reason I am using it right know is to see how the code works and if what I wrote would work.

Also if anyone needs help on how to set it up or run it please post back here and I will help. It took me a little while to get mine running. But its pretty easy it was just the fact I didnt know what I was doing at first.

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:22 AM

I don't know any developers that use a production environment for development (ie, a live server). It's a helpful link though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users