Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Installing Motherboard Drivers!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ohgrx

ohgrx

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:23 PM

Ok I Had Windows Vista 32 bit version installed on it, didnt like it so i removed that and installed XP Pro sp2 on it. Now I am having troubles finding drivers for windows xp that support my motherboard which is a ACS MCP61PM-HM. I'm wondering if there are any that exist. If so, where?

Processor
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 5000+
• 2.60 GHz, 512KB+512KB L2 Cache, 2000 MT/s System Bus
Chipset
NVIDIA nForce 430 Chipset
Standard memory
2048MB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory (2x1GB) (expandable to 8GB)
Memory type
DDR2-SDRAM
Memory slots
4 DIMM (240-pin, DDR2) (two available)
Internal drives
Internal hard disk drive
360 GB
Hard disk controller
Serial ATA
Hard disk drive speed
(7200 rpm)
Optical drive type
SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology
Optical drive speed
16x DVD±R, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+R DL, 8x DVD-R DL, 12x DVD-RAM, 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CDR, 32x CDRW, 40x CD-ROM
System features
Memory card device
15in1 memory card reader
Modem
56k modem
Network interface
Integrated 10/100BaseT network interface
Video adapter
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE
Video RAM
64MB dedicated graphics memory. Up to 128MB Total Available Graphics Memory as allocated by Windows Vista™
Internal audio
High Definition Audio, 8 speaker configurable
Audio connectors
Headphone; Microphone; Line-in (Front) Digital Audio In/Out Microphone/Line-in/Line-out; Rear speaker-out; Side speaker out; Center (subwoofer)
Keyboard
HP multimedia keyboard
External drive bays
2 external 5.25"(one available) 1 external 3.5" (occupied) 2 internal 3.5" (one available)
External I/O ports
6 USB 2.0 ports (2 Front, 4 Back) 2 FireWire® (IEEE 1394) port(s) (1 Front, 1 Back) 2 PS/2 LAN VGA-out (Back)
Expansion slots
2 PCI slots (1 available) 1 PCI-E x16 slot (occupied) 1 PCI-E x1 slot (available)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:36 PM

Is this a Compaq/HP system? If so, what is the model?

Louis

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

Here's the board. Still need to know what it's from
MCP61PM-HM
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:11 AM

It is most certainly an HP\Compaq OEM.
Doesn't matter which model as XP compatable chipset drivers are not supported or supplied by HP\Compaq for downgrading from Vista to XP.

From HP:

Changing the Operating System to Windows XP
If you decide to change the operating system to Windows XP, here are some important considerations and helpful tips:
CAUTION: HP does not recommend changing the operating system from Windows Vista to Windows XP and does not support doing so. The outcome may leave your computer in an unknown state, functionality may be diminished, and you may need to acquire Windows XP compatible application software, drivers, or even hardware.

For example, a model a Pavilion a1700n comes with a GeForce 6150 LE / nForce 430 (this can be found by from the a1700n product specifications on the HP Customer Care Web site). After searching the Web, the chipset drivers are downloaded from the NVIDIA Web site and burnt to a CD-R for later use

Linky

As stated above, you'll have to get XP compatable chipset drivers from NVidia instead, they are here. See "products supported" on the link.
Drivers for other hardware will also have to be obtained. This could all go smoothly or the exact opposite.
You takes your chances and you rolls the dice. :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 17 April 2008 - 09:20 AM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:33 AM

Good info, HS :thumbsup:, thanks.

I guess that I'm kind of surprised that a boxmaker would take that approach, but...I've been surprised often :flowers:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users