Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 6 - The Handle Is Invalid

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CherylL66

CherylL66

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:43 PM

Hi, I apologize if this has been answered already some place, if it has been, I didn't find it. I'm on a public computer at my local library looking for help, and my time is limited as there are people waiting to use the computers.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium on my home pc, and recently received this message when I tried to connect (via dial-up) to the internet. I had accessed the internet earlier in the day w/ no problems, and did not install anything new in the meantime, so am not sure what caused this. Someone suggested deleting the old dial-up connection and establishing it again, but that did not help. Does anyone know how to correct this? And please keep in mind that I need things explained in the format of "The Total Idiot's Guide To Fixing Their PC" My eteral thanks to anyone who can offer help with this, it's driving me NUTS.

Cheryl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:29 PM

Hi, found this topic that had a fix http://www.zeropaid.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=19495
MCP
MSDST

#3 CherylL66

CherylL66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:53 PM

Thank you, I'll give it a try!

Cheryl

#4 CherylL66

CherylL66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the modem under control panel> phones and modems and in device manager. This did not fix the problem. Any other suggestions? anyone?.... anyone?.......

Cheryl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users