Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Throws In A Random Letter Or Two When Typing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Lydan

Bob Lydan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:56 AM

Greetings all!

I come to you in desperate need of help. Well, not really, but my problem still is pretty annoying. I've got a Lenovo X60 that has a peculiar error, and my efforts in determining the error has come up empty so far.

The problem is that whenever I type some text, my brainiac computer likes to throw in a random letter every now and then, say every 1 or 2 minutes. After a while, my text looks like it's been written by someone slightly dyslectic. Rest assured, I use spell checking all the time, but it would be nice if it was me rather than my computer which decides what letters to type.

First I reckoned it might be a problem with the keyboard (I use my laptop in a docking station, btw), but the problem persists regardless if I use an external USB-keyboard or the laptop keyboard. What gives?

An example, I might type the following line:
"My computer has a problem. It's really annoying"

And of course, my computer throws in a random letter, and the text reads:
"My computer has a problemr. It's really annoyzing"

Anyone got an idea what the problem might be? Thanks for your advice, it's much appreciated :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GaryT85

GaryT85

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:20 PM

think to self - am i dyslexic?

im kidding of course..

the first thought would be a keyboard fault, but if you say you have tried another keyboard then it kind of eliminates that..

does it only happen in specific programs/apps? or all typing you do?

(in the above i say 'kind of eliminates'.... by that i mean the laptop keyboard could be faulty. even if you plug in USB keyboard and are using that to type, the normal laptop keyboard would probably still be functional (ie you could actually input with both) and so it may still spit out the odd character...)

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:54 PM

Do you have Filter Keys on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users