Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Popups And Bad Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Caulfield6

Caulfield6

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:46 AM

Hiya
I have been hit recently with popups in internet explorer and have no idea what to do. I re installed Intenet explorer and that didn't work. I am getting sites like "http://code2win.com/realm/adon/phonecard_03/" or "http://www.normand-finance.com/". I restartedmy computer rain safemode wit Spybot S&D and Adaware fully updated and hove reached the end of my tether. I attempted to use ZoneAlarm but itlagged up my computer and i had to uninstall it. Any Ideas?

Caulfield 6
(RPO)
C6

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:28 AM

Much as I love spybot and have used it for years, it never was intended to be a complete deep scanner, I use it for it's immunize and sd helper function, the new hosts protection is the easiest to use and fairly complete.

Let's try another program, but be sure and unload teatimer so any fixes don't get interfered with.
  • Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and save it to a convenient location.
  • Double click on mbam-setup.exe to install it.
  • Before clicking the Finish button, make sure that these 2 boxes are checked (ticked):
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
      Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now check for updates. If your firewall prompts, please allow it. If you can't update it, select the Update tab. Under Update Mirror, select one of the websites and click on Check for Updates.
  • Select the Scanner tab. Click on Perform Quick scan, then click on Scan.
  • Leave the default options as it is and click on Start Scan.
  • When done, you will be prompted. Click OK, then click on Show Results.
  • Checked (ticked) all items and click on Remove Selected.
  • After it has removed the items, Notepad will open. Please post this log in your next reply. You can also find the log in the Logs tab. The bottom most log is the latest.

Edited by DaChew, 16 April 2008 - 04:29 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users