Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving Playlists With Audios

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 King Creole

King Creole

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:53 AM

Hello.

I just freed up a second hard drive with the idea that I would use it to store all my music. But then it occurred to me that my WMP playlists will no longer function. I've spent years accumulating these lists and it would be a real drag to have to re-create them. Practically impossible.

Is there anyway to move/transfer/import-export these playlists so that they will reflect the files' new location?

I opened one of the lists with wordpad and the files are written like this:

<media src="..\..\My Music\Manu Chao &amp; Amparanoia - Que te den.mp3" tid="{C5FD7440-A87C-4438-8243-3BCBD88DE453}"/>

There's no indication of which drive they're on. It seems to me that the list refers to the drive it's on or something, but maybe I need to re-install wmp on the new drive as well (?).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users