Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winreanimator

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bagginsofshire

bagginsofshire

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:25 PM

I'm not sure if this is where I am supposed to start with problem. Please send me to the right place if this is a problem. My laptop started with a problem where the explorer was being redirected. I installed the McAfee security system that I had on my other computers. Now I can't open the internet explore on my laptop and this program, WinReanimator, keeps popping up. I use this computer in a school where the kids have access to it for lab activities but often wander the web. An additional problem to mention is the lask of software for this computer. The computer is part of an old grant that came to me without any of the original software and I don't know how to get any software if I had to reload it onto the computer. Thanks for any help in getting this sick computer back to life.

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 15 April 2008 - 11:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,780 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:26 AM

Please clarify that this is your personal computer which you bring to school and use there. If so, why do other students have access to it?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 bagginsofshire

bagginsofshire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:37 PM

The computer was part of a grant program taht was given to individual teachers working in "technology poor" school districts. I use it in the classroom with students who generally access computer simulations and programs. The original givers of the computers bought a site license for thirty computers and gave the computers to classroom teachers. Now they are long gone and I know of a few computers that are still in action.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,780 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:33 AM

Please follow the instructions in BC's self-help tutorial: How to remove WinReanimator

If you're using Windows 2000/XP, please print out and follow the instructions for using SDFix in BC's self-help tutorial "How to use SDFix".
-- When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
-- Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus and any anti-malware real time protection before performing a scan.

When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply. Be sure to renable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.

When done, copy and paste the contents of the MBAM log report in your next reply. Also let us know how your computer is running and if there are any more signs of infection or further problems.

#5 bagginsofshire

bagginsofshire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:28 PM

Well, I'm having a problem and a little confused. One, I can't log onto the internet. I tried to down load the Malwarebytes setup onto a flash drive. It would not connect to the internet. I downloaded the program onto the flashdrive without installing the icon option. After putting the program on the desktop I could not figure out how to get it to run. Second from the directions I am a little confused. I am running XP, so does that mean I should be installing the SDfix and not the Malwarebytes program? Thanks, baggins

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,780 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:06 AM

You should run both programs.

If you are having problems with MBAM, do this instead:

Please download RogueRemover and save to you Desktop. (compatible with Windows 2000, NT, XP, Vista)
  • Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover and follow the prompts.
  • During installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
  • If the program does not open after installation, double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch.
  • Select "Check for Updates" and click Download if any are found.
  • Wait for the updates to finish downloading, then Close the update window.
  • Select "Scan" and follow the onscreen directions to remove anything found.
  • If nothing is found, exit RogueRemover.
  • If RogueRemover finds something, it will present a list of detected items.
  • Click on Save log, then Ok at the prompt.
  • Click "Remove selected", then Yes at the prompt.
  • Wait for the removal to complete and then close RogueRemover.
  • A file will be created and saved at C:\Program Files\RogueRemover\RRLog******.txt
  • Post the contents of the RRLog file in your next reply.
If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.

If you cannot do the updates for RogueRemover, then skip and continue with the instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users