Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Supergeeks Wanted

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:17 PM

I had an idea this morning. The government is always eager to hand gobs of money out to people that can even vaguely justify needing it. So I want to get the government to give me a huge bundle with which I will assemble a team of Supergeeks to create an OS that will just blow Windows out of the water.

Oh, I'll also need a team of psychologists to handle all of the various neuroses the Supergeeks will bring into the project.

:thumbsup:

Edited by MattV, 15 April 2008 - 11:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:57 AM

I am afraid that we might need not only the whole team at BC, but also at every other computer help forum :thumbsup:

#3 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:30 AM

I wish you good luck in finding people willing to do that, and also good luck in producing the product/getting the money off the net.... But if it works... I want 1/3 of the money for wishing u all this luck :thumbsup:

#4 MattV

MattV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:57 AM

I wish you good luck in finding people willing to do that, and also good luck in producing the product/getting the money off the net.... But if it works... I want 1/3 of the money for wishing u all this luck :thumbsup:

The money would come from the government. If you can get that faucet running, there's almost no turning it off.

Edited by MattV, 16 April 2008 - 06:58 AM.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:17 AM

I think I should be commissioned by the government to do a four-year study about the feasibility of the scheme first, and envision a staff of at least two hundred and a yearly budget of $622 million a year (at least to start).
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 MattV

MattV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

I think I should be commissioned by the government to do a four-year study about the feasibility of the scheme first, and envision a staff of at least two hundred and a yearly budget of $622 million a year (at least to start).
John

By the time you finish your study the new OS will be nearly completed!! (I'm gonna use a lot of supergeeks. And a lot of head mechanics.) Remember. it's the bureaucracy. Your study and my project can go on simultaneously. No one will notice. Or care. :thumbsup:

Edited by MattV, 16 April 2008 - 09:37 AM.

#7 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:50 AM

The money would come from the government. If you can get that faucet running, there's almost no turning it off.

I meant government lol, was in a rush this morning.. heh

#8 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:29 AM

Cool, I'm going to Uni to study psychology this September

(:
Crazyness comes to those who wait

#9 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:20 PM

I will assemble a team of Supergeeks to create an OS that will just blow Windows out of the water.

It's called Linux. :thumbsup:

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users