Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looming Death Of A Brand New Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MAttOE88

MAttOE88

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

My computer is no more than two months old. I must say, this is killing me. I was recently tricked into downloading a file which is now attempting to ruin my E-life.

My virus scanner quickly prompted me that I was infected with a virus known as "Cryp Tap-2". After many attempts to remove the problem, I finally switched to BitDefender, as PC-cillen was unable to do it. That's when the Vundo virus part was unearthed. BitDefender claimed to have erradicated this problem, yet my computer is still slowly dieing. I downloaded a Vundo fix, but that has not yeilded any fix.

As of now, my computer is deadly slow. Nearly unusable. Many popups make even the smallest tasks unbearable. After two seperate virus programs and manual attempts, I'm nearly ready to give up hope. Please, I hope that someone here can walk me through a fix, as I'm not very fluent in the ways of the computer.

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:11 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum. You will need to avail yourself of our HiJackThis Team and tools.
Carefully follow the instructions from our tutorial here, Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem.
After completion of creating the log ,please post it here, HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal and NOT in this thread.
Should you require any assistance proceeding,ask those questions in this thread.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users