Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Does Not Turn Off.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chowman

chowman

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:22 PM

Hey, again :thumbsup:

This time, my computer's monitor does not turn off, when I set it to. Ever since I installed my Logitech Wireless mouse/keyboard, my computer goes into screensaver mode, but it never turns off.

I have "Turn Off Monitor" set to 10 minutes. When 10 minutes passes, the screen turns black, like its supposed to be, but then turns on again after 2 seconds. Because of this, my monitor is constantly on, and whatever that is causing that, does not let my Hard Drive turn off, as well. (I set "Turn of Hard Disks" to 20 minutes).

I then took out the batteries from my mouse (but not the keyboard...) and after 10 minutes, the same thing happened, so I know its not my mouse.

All I really want to know is why my computer doesn't let my monitor turn off, and how I can fix it. Thanks so much! :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:10 PM

Hello Chowman.

I'm afraid to say that it most likely is your mouse. I've seen this before caused by the wireless mouse, though I have no idea how. I had seen it solved by uninstalling the driver for the mouse.

I would try to reinstall your mouse driver. You may want to have a backup mouse ready incase for some reason you have trouble reinstalling the driver.
  • Right click on the My Computer icon on your desktop on your desktop and select Properties.
  • Click on the Hardware tab.
  • Click Device Manager to open the uh... Device Manager.
  • Under Mouse and other pointing devices, right click on your Logitech Wireless mouse and select Uninstall.
  • Unplug the hardware for your wireless mouse.
  • Hit Enter to continue the uninstall.
  • Wait for the uninstall to complete and replug your mouse.
The computer will automatically try to configer the driver for the mouse.

Post back on the results.

With Regards,
The Panda

reason for edit: fix grammar...

Edited by PropagandaPanda, 15 April 2008 - 07:11 PM.

#3 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

Sometimes those wireless mice are very sensitive in the fact that the slightest natural vibration cause it to move to the computer thinks there is someone at the computer. Try turning down the sensitivity down. At the very least unplug the mouse and see if you still have the issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users